VirtualLab Fusion Online Trainings
Hands-on VirtualLab online training courses, held by our team of experienced optical engineers, take place regularly at different topics. Course content ranges from introductory courses (coming soon) all the way to more specialized optical design for different applications, or professional skills as programming.
Below you may find a list of online training courses. Expand each of the individual boxes for more details.
01 – 04 February 2021 | 17:30 – 20:30 (CET)
08 – 11 February 2021 | 08:30 – 11:30 (CET)
(Will be held twice to adapt to different time zones worldwide)
Duration and Intended Audience:
- 3 hours per day | 4 days in sum
- Optical designers and engineers in the field of diffractive grating applications
- The course will be held online and implemented with the platform Cisco WebEx.
- Participants will receiver further information once the request has been successful.
Gratings are the most widely applied diffractive optics elements in various optical systems. VirtualLab Fusion software provides the Fourier modal method (FMM a.k.a. RCWA) and the thin element approximation (TEA) for grating simulations. This interactive online training shows how to use the corresponding technologies from VirtualLab Fusion to solve practical grating modeling and design tasks for modern optics applications.
- Learn how to construct the grating geometry and materials; understand the basic theory of the modeling technologies and their differences; use the software tools for grating analysis and design.
- Practice hands-on with selected rigorous modeling examples, including blazed grating, rectangular grating, slanted grating, holographic volume grating, and metagrating.
- Design workflow discussed along examples, like moth-eye anti-reflection grating, waveguide coupling grating, polarization-insensitive pulse compressor grating, and beam-splitting metagrating.