VirtualLab Fusion webinars, held by our team of experienced optical engineers, take place regularly on different topics.
Get inspired by our free webinars and learn what is possible with our software. Below you may find a list of our upcoming webinars.
Below you may find a list of our webinars which have already taken place. Fill out the form on the webinar page and get access to our webinar for watching it on demand.
31 August 2021
16:00 – 17:00 (CEST)
10 Minutes Virtual Presentation
Many of the features that are introduced in this version help set the stage for a host of new thrilling applications. Moreover, the simulation of complex systems in VirtualLab Fusion is now faster, more user-friendly, and more straightforward. In this webinar, we will be taking a look together at a round-up of some key scenarios where the exciting potential of this version is best showcased.
You can expect:
- A taste of some of the most prominent new features of the latest VirtualLab Fusion version, 2021.1!
- Look at the Fiber Mode Calculator, LP Mode Source, and Multimode Fiber Coupling Efficiency detector to investigate the effect of aberrations and air turbulence on mode shape and coupling efficiency.
- New S-matrix solver for anisotropic media to experiment with birefringence, polarization conversion and to investigate the role of crystal layers as efficiency boosters in LCDs.
- The simulation of a Shack-Hartmann sensor and saw how the new lateral channel handling opens the door to the simulation of even more microlens array systems with VirtualLab Fusion 2021.1!
In our webinar last December we showed you some of the cool things that are possible in the field of augmented and mixed reality with the Light Guide Toolbox of the fast physical optics modeling and design software VirtualLab Fusion. This time, we return to the topic with a much more hands-on approach. In our coming webinar, we will go over some of the most common workflows when working in this field of application with VirtualLab Fusion, so that you can get an impression of the look and feel of the software.
You can expect to see:
- Introduction into VirtualLab’s Light Guide component and set-up of light guide devices
- How to configure and add grating structures
- Step-by-step modeling and evaluation of the set up device
In this webinar we are going to take a very relaxed approach and simply put some time aside to play around with the physical optics modeling and design software VirtualLab Fusion, to get a taste of what its fast physical optics technology can do!
The steady interest in miniaturizing optical systems ultimately leads to flat optics, which includes any concept to reduce the thickness of components and systems by introducing surfaces with high functionality. In this webinar we invite you to join us on a journey through the concepts, prospects, challenges, and myths of the different versions of flat components, with an emphasis on lenses.