VirtualLab Fusion Applications, Technology & Workflows
Grating Modeling and Design
Registration is already closed. Please contact sales (at) lighttrans.com in case you are interested.
Duration and Intended Audience:
- 3 hours per day | 4 days in sum
- Optical designers and engineers in the field of diffractive grating applications
- The course will be held online and implemented with the platform Cisco WebEx.
- Participants will receiver further information once the request has been successful.
Gratings are the most widely applied diffractive optics elements in various optical systems. VirtualLab Fusion software provides the Fourier modal method (FMM a.k.a. RCWA) and the thin element approximation (TEA) for grating simulations. This interactive online training shows how to use the corresponding technologies from VirtualLab Fusion to solve practical grating modeling and design tasks for modern optics applications.
- Learn how to construct the grating geometry and materials; understand the basic theory of the modeling technologies and their differences; use the software tools for grating analysis and design.
- Practice hands-on with selected rigorous modeling examples, including blazed grating, rectangular grating, slanted grating, holographic volume grating, and metagrating.
- Design workflow discussed along examples, like moth-eye anti-reflection grating, waveguide coupling grating, polarization-insensitive pulse compressor grating, and beam-splitting metagrating.
Online Training Day I
Online Training Day II
| || |
Online Training Day III
Online Training Day IV
| || |
Dr. Site Zhang
Chief Technology Officer
Since 2019 Site Zhang is the CTO of LightTrans and co-develops electromagnetic field solutions and technologies for selected application scenarios in VirtualLab Fusion. He previously obtained his PhD degree under the guidance of Prof. Dr. Frank Wyrowski.
Senior Optical Engineer
Olga Baladron-Zorita is employed as a Senior Optical Engineer at LightTrans International. Among other tasks, she conducts webinars and training courses based on VirtualLab Fusion.