VirtualLab Fusion Applications, Technology & Workflows
Grating Modeling and Design
04 – 07 October 2021
08:30 – 12:00 (CEST)
Deadline for Request: 28 September 2021
Duration and Intended Audience:
- 3 hours per day | 4 days in sum
- Additional 30 minutes technical check on first training day
- Optical designers and engineers in the field of diffractive grating applications
- The online training will be implemented with the platform “WebEx”.
- Detailed technical instructions will be provided to participants in time before training.
Gratings are the most widely applied diffractive optics elements in various optical systems. VirtualLab Fusion software provides the Fourier modal method (FMM a.k.a. RCWA) and the thin element approximation (TEA) for grating simulations. This interactive online training shows how to use the corresponding technologies from VirtualLab Fusion to solve practical grating modeling and design tasks for modern optics applications.
In the training, we will of course work together with our latest released version, 2021.1!
- Learn how to construct the grating geometry and materials; understand the basic theory of the modeling technologies and their differences; use the software tools for grating analysis and design.
- Practice hands-on with selected rigorous modeling examples, including blazed grating, rectangular grating, slanted grating, holographic volume grating, and metagrating.
- Design workflow discussed along examples, like moth-eye anti-reflection grating, waveguide coupling grating, polarization-insensitive pulse compressor grating, and beam-splitting metagrating.
| || |
| || |
Senior Optical Engineer
Olga Baladron-Zorita is employed as a Senior Optical Engineer at LightTrans International. Among other tasks, she conducts webinars and training courses based on VirtualLab Fusion.