EOS Topical Meeting on Diffractive Optics
16 – 19 September 2019
This topical meeting series on diffractive optics was established in 1995, with the inaugural meeting in Prague. The series continued with meetings in Savonlinna (1997), Jena (1999) and so on. Recently, it was re-established with the first gathering in Joensuu in 2017 and the second to be organized in Jena in September 2019.
We look forward welcoming you to Jena, the CITY OF LIGHT!
- Welcome Reception: 15 September 2019
- Conference dates: 16 – 19 September 2019
- Submission deadline: 30 June 2019
The scope of the meeting covers all fundamental and applied aspects of diffractive optics and related fields. The topics include but are not limited to:
- Physical optics theory
- Source modeling; partially coherent, broadband, pulsed fields
- Field tracing concepts and models
- Physical optics effects; polarization, coherence, shifts
- Diffractive optics at short wavelengths
- Subwavelength structures, metamaterials, and plasmonics
- Photometric and radiometric detectors in physical optics
- Diffraction gratings
- Diffractive- and meta-lenses
- Light shaping; DOE, diffuser, freeform
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Industrial and commercial applications
This topical meeting series on diffractive optics was established by the present program co-chairs in 1995, with the inaugural meeting in Prague. The series continued on a biennial basis with meetings held in Savonlinna (1997), Jena (1999), Budapest (2001), Oxford (2003), Warsaw (2005), Barcelona (2007), Koli (2010), and Delft (2012). In 2014 and 2016 the Diffractive Optics meeting was arranged as a part of EOSAM. In 2016, however, a decision was made by EOS to re-establish it as an independent EOS Topical Meeting, again to be held biennially. The meeting was held in Joensuu (2017), with a conference dinner in the medieval castle in Savonlinna, thus coming back to the roots of the meeting.
From the beginning, these topical meetings have gathered an audience of roughly 100-150 attendees, some of whom have participated in the meetings from the start. Again, our intention is to organize an informal, working-shop-like gathering of like-minded people, respecting the old traditions but also expanding the scope according to recent developments in the field.
Guest of Honor and Plenary Speaker:
- Bernard Kress, Microsoft, USA
- Andreas Erdmann, Fraunhofer IISB Erlangen, Germany
- Benfeng Bai, Tsinghua University, China
- Jürgen Jahns, Fernuniversität in Hagen, Germany
- Michael A. Golub, Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Patrice Genevet, Université côte d’azur, France
- Philippe Lalanne, Institut d’Optique, France
- Sven Burger, Zuse Institute Berlin, Germany
- Tommi Hakala, University of Eastern Finland, Finland
- Uwe Zeitner, Fraunhofer IOF Jena, Germany
- Abstracts are submitted online via Conftool (https://www.conftool.com/do2019)
- Authors are requested to submit a two-page abstract, which is formatted according to the EOS abstract guidelines. Both Word and LaTeX templates are available.
- Indicate the preference format of your presentation (oral/poster) in the submission procedure.
- At least one author is requested to register for the meeting.
- Word: eos-author-guidelines.docx
- Latex: eos-author-guidelines-latex.zip
The registration for EOS Topical Meeting on Diffractive Optics 2019 includes admission to the conference with lunches and coffee breaks, as well as the conference excursion with dinner. At least one author of an accepted contribution is required to register in advance to the conference.
Please register here.
The Abbe Center - the main building at major research establishment „Beutenberg Jena“ will be hosting the conference participants in a modern and scientific atmosphere.
In September 2019 hotels in Jena will be crowded due to parallel conferences and events. It is strongly recommended to book your room as soon as possible on the basis of special EOS hotel rates.
For booking details and travel directions please check: www.europeanoptics.org/events/eos/do2019.html