New on Youtube: "Getting Started" VirtualLab Fusion Tutorials
The channel is a common platform of the Applied Computational Optics Group of the Institute of Applied Physics (Friedrich-Schiller-University), and the companies Wyrowski Photonics and LightTrans International. Here we will provide you with short videos on the theory and concepts of an exciting new approach in physical optics modeling and design which enables unprecedented fast simulations in physical optics. In 2017 these concepts will be released in our next-generation field-tracing technology in VirtualLab Fusion. We will also provide you with videos on the usage of the software and its applications.
A first playlist of “Getting Started” tutorials is now available, containing the following videos:
- First contact with VirtualLab Fusion
- User Interface
- Built Up Your Own Optical System in VirtualLab Fusion
- Catalogs I-III: Introduction to Catalogs, Interfaces Catalog, Coatings Catalog
- Calculators I-VI: ABCD Law Calculator, Diffraction Angle Calculator, Direction Converter, Fresnel Effects Calculator, Laser Beam Calculator, Modulation Depth Calculator
- Modelling in the Main Window I: Introduction
We will regularly add more footage to the channel, including tutorials for advanced users, use cases, material for education, basics for optical research and development, and application examples. On this channel we will introduce you to the world of Fast Physical Optics.